Eligible applicants must:
- Receive electrical service from Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), or San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Own and live in their home.
- Have a household income that is 80% or below of the area median income. This will be based on the previous year's tax return. Click here to view the median income in your county.
- Live in a home defined as "affordable housing". "Affordable housing" is defined by California Public Utilities (P.U.) Code 2852, and is generally defined as a home that cannot be sold without restrictions on the real estate market. This can take many forms, which include the following.
- Single-family home has a resale restriction or an equity sharing agreement with a public entity or nonprofit affordable housing provider
- Single-family home is part of a multi-family complex supported by public funds to enable selling the home at an affordable cost to low income families. Resale is restricted to selling the home to other low income families
- Single-family home was purchased through a first time homebuyer program or loan program that uses state or federal HOME funding - and contains a qualifying resale restriction or equity sharing agreement.
- Other: Implicit resale restrictions
Think you qualify? Complete the online eligibility form or call GRID Alternatives toll-free at (866) 921-4696 to coordinate a pre-screening phone conversation. You can also contact your local GRID Alternatives office.
Click here for a multi-lingual SASH brochure.