GRID Alternatives is a non-profit solar contractor that installs low to no cost systems for income-qualified homeowners throughout the State of California. GRID Alternatives Inland Empire office is launching the Alternative Break Program geared towards college students. GRID sees the time between quarters/semesters as an excellent opportunity to serve the community, learn how to install solar as a team, and help build a foundation for a sustainable energy future.
Why? Why not!
Be involved in the local green movement
Empower the lives of low-income homeowners
Learn hands-on skills in residential solar installs
Gain team building / resume building experience
Support GRID Alternatives programs and come out during your summer, winter, or spring break periods!
GRID IE Alternative Break Details
- Min 8 - Max 12 students per installation team
- Fundraise $150/student (funds used to purchase materials/equipment & support GRIDs Programs)
- $25 non-refundable fee w/ application
- Applications due 4-5 weeks before break period
- $125 balance 3 weeks before your scheduled install
- Minimum 3 days during your Break Period:
-1st Day: Volunteer Orientation
-2nd Day: First Day of Install
-3rd Day: Complete installation and Celebrate
- Lunch provided both days of installation
- Volunteer Accident Insurance + Tools provided
NOTE: We are currently accepting applications for Alternative Summer Break 2013 now through May.
Interested Individuals & Teams should contact Cynthia Corrales for more information (email@example.com)